Nationality: Hungarian (EEA graduate)
GMC registration: full
Mobile: +36 70 513 1048
- Sept 2002 Medical Degree: cum laude, Faculty of General Medicine, Medical and Health Sciences Centre, University of Debrecen, Hungary.
- May 2012 Consultant Psychiatrist
- 2013 Psychotherapist
- 2016 Psychosexual therapist
Previous posts in Hungary
- Nov. 2010. – 2012 Kenézy Hospital, Debrecen, Rehabilitation Ward
Teaching medical students to Psychiatry in English Language, Medical University Debrecen, Hungary
Previous posts in the United Kingdom
- 2004–2010 Obligatory rotational run through training posts in the field of Psychiatry including Research
- Aug. 2009 –Feb. 2010 ST-3 in Behavioural Cognitive Psychotherapy –south West London and St George’s Mental Health Trust, Springfield Hospital, London
- Sept. 2008- Sept. 2009 Practicing Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, London, UK
Run Through Training Post at ST2 level.
- Feb. 2009 –Aug. 2009 ST-2 in Child Psychiatry –south West London and St George’s Mental Health Trust, Merton CAMHS and St Heliers Hospital Accident and Emergency Department, Merton, UK
Run Through Training Post at ST2 level.
- Aug. 2008 – Feb. 2009 ST-2 in General Adult Psychiatry, Rehabilitation Chronic Schizophrenia –south West London and St George’s Mental Health Trust Springfield Hospital and St Georges Hospital Accident and Emergency Department, London, UK
Run Through Training Post at ST1 level.
- Feb. 2008 –Aug. 2008 ST-1 in General Adult Psychiatry –south West London and St George’s Mental Health Trust, Sutton Hospital, Cheam CMHT and St Heliers Hospital Accident and Emergency Department, London, UK
- Nov. 2007 – Feb. 2008 ST-1 in General Adult Psychiatry –south West London and St George’s Mental Health Trust
Springfield Hospital and Nelson Hospital (CMHT) and St Georges Hospital Accident and Emergency Department, London, UK
- Aug. 2007- Oct.2007 ST-1 in Old Age Psychiatry -LAT Locum Appointment training post–Sussex Partnership NHS Mental Heath Trust
Crawley Hospital, Horsham Hospital and Maidenbower CMHT, Crawley and Horsham, UK
- Feb. 2007- Jul. 2007 SHO Training in General Adult Psychiatry –South West London &St George’s Rotation- 6 Months
Centurion Mental Health Unit- St Richard’s Hospital, Chapel Street Clinic, Chichester, Sussex Partnership Mental Heath NHS Trust, Chichester, UK
- Dec. 2006- Jan. 2007 Locum SHO Position in Psychiatry, Cranborne Centre, C.M.H.T.- Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust, Potters Bar Hertfordshire, UK
- Nov. 2006- Dec. 2006 Locum SHO Position in Psychiatry, Hillingdon Hospital, London
- Sept. 2006- Oct. 2006 Clinical Attachment/ Honorary SHO in Psychiatry, Hillingdon, UK
- Apr. 2005-Aug. 2006 Clinical Research Fellow in Neuropathology
Collaboration between Centre for Neuroscience, Queen Mary, University of London and Department of Neuropathology, Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College London.
Studies in Parkinson disease: cutting fresh frozen and perfusion fixed tissues with a cryostat. Using immunofluroescence techniques and in situ hybridization to examine patterns of protein and mRNA expression respectively. Investigating using in situ hybridization techniques the expression profile of genes identified through microarray analyses (Moran, L et al., 2005) to have altered expression in human Parkinsonian brain. Teaching medical and PhD students to Neuroanatomy and research techniques.
- Nov. 2004-Apr. 2005 Visitor position, Attachment in Neuropathology
Department of Neuropathology, Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College London.
Investigating the expression profile of the Parkinsonian brain. Studying neuroanatomy, neuropathology of demented and parkinsonian brain. Attendance in fixed and fresh brain cut-up sessions and reviewing frozen cases and stained sections of CNS diseases, tumor diagnostic work/grading/typing/ metastasis.
- Aug. 2003-Aug. 2004 Medical Advisor
Glaxo Smith Kline, Budapest, Hungary
Presentations to Cardiologists, Diabetologists, Gastroenterologists, Paediatricians and General Practitioners at hospital meetings and conferences. Organising meetings and conferences.
- Dec. 2002– Aug. 2003 Clinical Research Fellow in Neuropathology
Institute for Ageing and Health, University of Newcastle, Wolfson Research Centre, Newcastle General Hospital.
Immunohystochemical studies of the distribution of aggregates in Alzheimer’s disease. Neuroanatomy, neuropathology of demented brain. Using microtomy, doing immunohystochemistry (-synuclein, amyloid -peptide, tau, COX etc.), general histochemical staining, enzyme activity staining, microscopy, image analysis, morphology and distribution of aggregates in demented brain, development of new detection methods for neurophysiological classification of neurons in demented brain.
- 2001-2002 House Officer equivalent: one year of clinical practice as a part of a rotation system. Medical University of Debrecen, Hungary
- 12. 11. 2012 Comparison of Rehabilitation in Europe at the WAPR, Rehabilitation World Congress; Bulletin
- Apr. 2008 Acta Neuropathol. 115(4): 471–478.
Neuronal pentraxin II is highly upregulated in Parkinson’s disease and a novel component of Lewy bodies (2007)
Linda B. Moran,1 Lorraine Hickey,1 Gregory J. Michael,2 Maria Derkacs,1 Lynne M. Christian,1 Michail E. Kalaitzakis,1 Ronald K.B. Pearce,1 and Manuel B. Graeber 1 Nov. 2007 published online
- 2006 Abstract:
Expression profiling demonstrates cerebral cortex involvement in Parkinson’s disease (2006)
L.B. Moran, L. Hickey, D.C. Duke, M. Derkacs, G. Michael, E. Croisier, D.T., Dexter, R.K.B. Pearce, M.B. Graeber
- May 2002 Thesis: ‘Ischaemic dilated cardiomyopathy (IDC): a clinical & echocardiographic review’. Faculty of General Medicine, Medical and Health Sciences Centre, University of Debrecen, Hungary.
- 12. 11. 2012 Comparison of Rehabilitation in Europe at the WAPR, Rehabilitation World Congress, Milan, Italy
- 2005– 2010 Case presentations and Journal Club presentations , Sutton Hospital, Springfield Hospital, Centurion Unit, St Richard’s Hospital, Chichester
- Jan 2008 Clinical effectiveness of treatments for anorexia nervosa in adolescents, Springfield Hospital
- Jun 2007 Social problem-solving plus psychoeducation for adults with personality disorder, Centurion Unit, Chichester
- 2007 Clinical Audit of Risk Assessment, Centurion Mental Health Unit, St Richard’s Hospital Chichester
- Jan 2007 Clinical Audit of S 17 leave Hillingdon Hospital London
- 2006 Neurological conference London
Presentation of Abstract
Expression profiling demonstrates cerebral cortex involvement in Parkinson’s disease
L.B. Moran, L. Hickey, D.C. Duke, M. Derkács, G. Michael, E. Croisier, D.T., Dexter, R.K.B. Pearce, M.B. Graeber
- 2005 Clinical Symptoms of Parkinsons disease on behalf of the Neuropathology dept of Charing Cross Hospital. Brain Awareness Week, National Science Museum of London
Clinical governance and audit
- Feb. 2009 POMH UK Audit Assessment of the side effects of long –acting injectable /depot antipsychotics National and Trust audit.
- Oct. 2007 Audit of prescribing standards of dementia drugs, Crawley and Horsham Hospitals
- Jul. 2007 Clinical audit of risk assessment, Centurion Unit, Chichester
- Jan. 2007 Clinical Audit of Section 17 leave, Hillingdon Hospital, Uxbridge
- Aug. 2006 Correlation of clinical and post-mortem diagnoses of Parkinson’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis, Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College London
- Sept. 2011 –Present Teaching medical students to Psychiatry in English language, Medical University of Debrecen, Hungary
- Feb. 2008 –Aug. 2010 Teaching junior doctors to Psychiatry, Springfiled Hospital, London, UK
- 2008 Teaching history taking and mental state examination to medical students, Sutton Hospital, Springfield Hospital
- 2007 Teaching psychiatry to medical students Centurion Unit, Chichester
- 2005 -2006 Teaching basic staining techniques and in situ hybridization to BSc, MSc students at Queen Mary University and Charing Cross Hospital, London.
- 2000 Demonstrations to second year medical students in Biochemistry. Subjects included: gel chromatography, SDS page Western blotting, electophoretic separation of LDL isoenzimes at Medical University of Debrecen, Hungary.
Courses and meetings attended
- 2014 European Psychiatric Association Congress in Vienna
- 2009 Child protection course, Merton
- 2009 Cambridge course, MRCPsych Course paper 2, 3
- 2008 Manchester Course paper 1
- 2008, 2009, 2010 MRCPsych part 1 course, London
- 2007 MRC Psych part 1 course, London
- 2007–2008 Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Course, Sutton
- 2007 Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Course, Chichester, West Sussex Partnership NHS Trust
- 2006 British Neuroscience Association Meeting, Symposium -Early life stress, London
- 2005 The European Dana Alliance For The Brain -Trans Atlantic discussion on neuroethics, research, health and law, London
- 2004 British Neuroscience Association Meeting, Christmas Symposium, London
- 2004 Interview and Communication Skills for Doctors Course in London
2012 – current Consultant Psyhciatrist, Sántha Kálmán Pszichiátriai Szakkórház, Nagykálló, Hungary
Practised piano for 7 years and achieved a qualification.
Specialist translator in medical English – high level, type C- Profex Cambridge, Language Exam
General English language: high level
General Language Exam in German, medium level, type C
Scuba diving, painting, reading, salsa dancing, traveling, driving, cross country motorbike riding.